Saturday, May 28, 2011

5 minutes peace



Can any one else remember Mrs Large from 5 Minutes Peace???  Today I was Mrs Large! All I wanted was 5 MINUTES PEACE!

While Mr Sailor is away at sea and The Boy currently undertaking the role as my leg warmer, I rarely can snatch 5 minutes peace for myself through out the day (unless of course he is napping, and then I find myself doing housework bah humbug!).

All this Mummy wanted, was a shower in peace! Did that happen? Nope, of course not.

While I washed, conditioned and shaved as fast as I could muster on a cold winter morning, The Boy played with the toilet brush, licked the toilet lid and then jammed his fingers over and over in the bathroom drawers. Did I mention the half a roll of toilet paper he consumed? I'm sure that will be interesting when it makes it's way out!

So, how do you do it? Can you shower in peace? Enjoy a cuppa without a monkey on your leg? Tell me your secrets! How do I get just five minutes peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment