Wednesday, June 8, 2011

While you are sleeping





For the past week, The Boy has decided our day should begin at 5am. What I don't understand, is how he came from two people who love to sleep....but he doesn't seem too!

The Boy has always been a "precious" sleeper. So we won't discuss the way we get him in to the land of Zzzz everyday. Let me just tell you this, The Boy hasn't slept in his cot for 8 weeks. Enough said.

Today was a minor victory in this house though. Even after his 5am wake, I managed to get him back to sleep by 6am and then we slept until 8am - hooray!

We (well I) have decided that when Mr Sailor gets home, we will be moving the rooms around, so The Boy can sleep in the room closest to ours (even if it is teeny tiny).

Only I am slightly stumped about whether or not to bring the cot in or just let him sleep on the mattress on the floor like he has been doing (quite happily too). 13 months seems to young to have him out of a cot, but what's the point of trying if he will just scream blue murder until we take him out and put him on the mattress?

At least one thing I do know for sure....

In 15 years time when The Boy loves to sleep in, I will be setting my alarm for the crack of dawn to seek out my revenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment