Friday, June 10, 2011
Tea break
So, The Boy decided to be kind to his Mummy yesterday and slept for nearly two hours!! It was a crazy day as I wanted to tidy the house and we had a party to get to. But instead of tidying or cleaning or doing all the other never ending chores. I sat down.
Yep, you read right. I sat down. I sat down on our nice big plush couch with a magazine, the tv on (Grey's Anatomy re-runs of course) and enjoyed a hot cup of tea (so much nicer than the cold icy tea I am usually faced with during the day).
It did mean that The Boy ran out of clean pjs and was sporting a pair of 3-6 month track pants for most of the day (not a bad fit considering he is 13-months old!).
It was a purely selfish act on my behalf. I had a million other things to do (what Mum doesn't!?!), but some days life just gets too hard and it was either going to be a fall in a heap while banging your head on the floor moment or I could just enjoy the moment for what it was. Silence. No one clinging to me. No screeching. No nothing. Just me, the tv and my baby boy fast asleep.
So - what did you do for yourself today?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment